Arriving at Loughborough University
- The nearest entrance to the Schofield Building where the project is, it is best to come through the East Park side of the university.
- You can find the main entrance to the university along Epinal Way.
- As you enter the university make sure that you keep to the right hand lane of the left side of the road as you approach barriers. The lanes will be marked visitors and staff to guide you as to which one you should be in. Someone at the booth that controls the barriers will ask where you are going; they have been informed of your visit and if you say you are a participant for a study at the Maths Education Centre in the Schofield Building they will let you through.
- Drive past the students union, the fountain and follow the bend around on University Road. As you get to the bend turn left, do not continue straight along University Road.
- You will find yourself along Margaret Keay Road and almost immediately you will see car parking areas. In one of these car parks you will find a yellow/orange cone that marks out a space reserved for you. The space will say “Reserved parking space for:”, your name and the date of your arrival on a laminated piece of paper. This space will be outside the Schofield Building (as shown below).
- You can either enter the building through the main entrance (as shown in the picture above) or through the side entrance which faces towards the main university road. Once you enter the building two Number Start volunteers will be waiting along the ground floor corridor to meet you.
Arrival by bus
Computer studies using the Sprint bus
- If you are arriving by bus using the sprint services the quickest way to get to the Schofield building is to get off the bus at the stop ‘Computer Studies’.
- As you get off you will see a set of stairs to the left of you go down these stairs
- Keep walking on the left side of building shown in this picture until you get to some double doors that can be opened by pushing a button. Once you enter the building two Number Start volunteers will be waiting along the ground floor corridor to meet you.